Tour Type: Discovery
Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 22 23
Stroll through streets filled with romance, history and adventure as you travel Europe. Feed your imagination as you relax on the stunning shores of Lake Lucerne, watch master craftsmen create treasures in Venice and admire the magic of the snow-capped Swiss Alps.Sightseeing Highlights
- Explore London, Paris, Florence and Rome with a Local Specialist
- Discover Lucerne and Venice
- Visit a glassblowing factory in Venice and St. Peter's Basilica in Rome
- View the White Cliffs of Dover, the Eiffel Tower, the Champs-Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, St. Mark's Basilica in Venice and the ancient sites of Rome
- See the Somme Battlefields and the vineyards of Burgundy in France
- Scenic Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
Connect With Locals Travel to Isola Tiberina for an evening with Fabio and his family. Enjoy a drinks reception at their apartment before our Be My Guest dinner in a unique setting amongst Roman excavations.
Dive into Culture Witness the exquisite craft of glassblowing, a delicate tradition that generations of Venetian craftsmen have perfected over the centuries.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
First class travel Highlights
1 Welcome Reception
1 Be My Guest
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Ferry across the Channel from Dover to Calais
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Pick-up when you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host when you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel.
|Call 8778961668 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627563|
|Offer valid through 9/30/2022|
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London: Spend the day exploring the pomp and pageantry of a city that effortlessly combines old and new.|
|Day 2||London||Discover Historic London: Join a Local Specialist this morning for a tour of the iconic and unexpected highlights of London, including Big Ben, the imposing Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. Spend a leisurely afternoon shopping on Carnaby Street, consider visiting one of London's museums or wander along the Thames watching ambitious Londoners pound the pavements.|
|Day 3||Paris||Cross the English Channel to Paris: Meet your Travel Director before saying cheerio London and hello sparkling White Cliffs of Dover, England's last hurrah before we cross the English Channel bound for Calais. We pass the tragic World War I battlefields of the Somme before arriving in Paris where we will enjoy a Welcome Reception with dinner. This evening the City of Lights provides an enchanting backdrop for an orientation drive that will showcase several of the sights which await us tomorrow.|
|Day 4||Paris||Explore the Sights of Paris: Embark on a scenic sojourn, with your Local Specialist, along the grand Champs-Elysees to view the Arc de Triomphe, honouring those who fought for France. View Notre Dame Cathedral and enjoy a stroll through the Latin Quarter. This afternoon, you'll have some leisure time to explore the treasures of Paris. Perhaps enjoy breath-taking views from the highest rooftop terrace in Paris or relax at a cosy French cafe and enjoy a glass of wine while watching the world go by.|
|Day 5||Explore Lucerne||Onwards to Explore Lucerne: We wind our way through the sprawling vineyards of Auxerrois and Burgundy, journeying south past the 15th-century fortress of Chateauneuf and rolling green farmlands into Switzerland bound for Lucerne. Cross the famous wooden Chapel Bridge with its 17th-century paintings and view the mortally wounded lion hewn from rock, paying tribute to the hundreds of brave Swiss Guards who died defending Louis XVI.|
|Day 6||Venice||Journey to the Floating City of Venice: The contrast of scenery today is nothing short of remarkable. Traversing the Alps, we travel through the St. Gotthard tunnel and the border at Chiasso into Italy. Catch a glimpse of northern Italy's beautiful lakes, whose scenic retreats have attracted the aristocracy for centuries, before arriving later in Venice.|
Novotel Mestre Castellana
|Day 7||On to Florence||On to Florence: Take to the water and board a private motor launch to the gateway of Venice, St. Mark's Square. View the Bridge of Sighs and ornate Doge's Palace, then Dive Into Culture on your unforgettable MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience where you'll witness the centuries-old craft of glassblowing at one of the oldest workshops in Venice. Watch how talented master craftsmen shape the molten glass into the delicate works of art you've come to admire from afar and perhaps be inspired to buy your own souvenir to remind you of this special experience. Later, there's time to explore the hidden calle and campi of Venice to fit in some shopping or soak up the sights and sounds of the Queen of the Adriatic before crossing the Apennine Mountains bound for Florence, the 'Cradle of the Renaissance'.|
|Day 8||Rome||Journey to Rome: The magnificent Renaissance dome of Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral and the Baptistery stand imposingly in the centre of Florence and are among the sights we will view during our guided walking tour with a Local Specialist. Delve into the city's rich cultural, artistic and architectural heritage, then learn about the quality and workmanship of one of this city's historic industries at a demonstration of Florentine leathercraft. Admire the Ponte Vecchio which has spanned the Arno River for almost 700 years. Marvel at the impressive palazzi and art in the Piazza della Signoria, the political hub of the city. Rome is our final stop today.|
|Day 9||Uncover Ancient Rome||Uncover Ancient Rome and the Vatican City: Visit the Vatican for a memorable encounter with the centre of Christianity. A Local Specialist will take you on a tour of St. Peter's Basilica, the home of Michelangelo's Pieta, crafted from the most perfect block of Carrara marble. Consider an Optional Experience to see the magnificent frescoes of the Sistine Chapel, before travelling to Ancient Rome to view the Colosseum where brave gladiators and slaves fought to the death to the thunderous applause of thousands of spectators. This evening, at our Farewell Dinner, we Connect With Locals at a Be My Guest experience and celebrate the Italian zest for life, food and good company.|
|Day 10||Rome||Farewell Rome: Our adventure together has come to an end. We say a fond farewell to Rome and our travel companions at the end of our journey. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
|Your London Hotel: This trip departs from the Hilton Kensington hotel.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class